Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Save Money on Groceries - Use Coupons

Another great grocery shopping day. If your grocery stores allow for double coupons, take advantage of this opportunity to save a lot of money. My store only doubles on Wednesday up to 5 coupons with a value of $1.00 or less. Even with these limits, I am able to save a lot of money.

Here is my shopping trip:
2 gallons milk - Free coupons from last weeks cereal jackpot
1 Maxwell House coffee - Free Coupon
8 packets kool-aid - on sale for 15 cents each
6 containers Yoplait yogurt - on sale for 50 cents each
1 box Nature Valley Granola bars
2 boxes Special K Fruit Crisp bars
1 loaf bread - on sale for 88 cents
2 containers sour cream - on sale for $1 each
1 container Land o Lakes spreadable butter
1 head lettuce

Coupons Used:
2 Free Milk Coupons
1 Free Maxwell House Coffee Coupon
2 Coupons for $1 off Special K Fruit Crisps - Doubled
1 Coupon for 50 cents off LOL butter - Doubled
1 Coupon for 50 cents off 6 Yoplait yogurts - Doubled
1 Coupon for 40 cents off NV Granola bars - Doubled

I paid a total of $12.33 for the above items and saved $19.50 according to my receipt. I get my coupons online and from the Sunday paper. It is well worth the extra time it takes to clip coupons when you add up the amount of money I save on groceries! And I always buy things I will use, nothing goes to waste.

No comments: